"James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]
You might consider the golden ratio. height X width
Golden Ratio Calculator - Golden Mean - Golden Rectangle - Metric
....GC
Last edited by VolvoHeretic; October 8th, 2014 at 10:29 PM.
"James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]
I ended up getting the best sound out of my speakers by placing them so the distance from the center of the driver to the side wall was half of the distance of the center to center of the drivers. Also having them off the wall somewhat helped with the depth of the sound. But do whatever you want, It's a free country.![]()
I've got my current speakers crammed into the corners now and they sound fabulous.![]()
"James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]
A cabinet I thought interesting is the Rebel cabinet, A back loaded BR cabinet.
One of these days I will construct A modified version with 15-22 cubic ft for the
604 series..........
retro vintage modern hi-fi: Rebel
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Thanks a million GM, I have all of the time in the world since I don't have speakers yet, and have to remove a picture window and install a patio door in a new location first.After paying attention to the Onken speaker thread and all of the pros and cons, I felt motivated to work on my dream bucket list. I will admit that after reading about transmission lines for about 20 hours, I still know nothing.
![]()
"James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]
You're welcome!
Did you read the docs on Transmission Line Theory?
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Your 30X60 cabs look good.
If you want to go with an Altec cab there is the 9.25cu.ft. 850A (if properly loaded its a Laguna).
Or its smaller brother the 852A
Attachment 2557
Attachment 2558Attachment 2559
Bookmarks